Listen to the Cheese Master
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Whether you love or hate the holiday, there’s one thing we can all agree on: WINE & CHEESE. It makes for the perfect night, whether you're home with your better half or riding solo for the evening.
We’re excited to share some wine and cheese pairing ideas with you for a simple cheese platter. And these aren't just any recommendations. They were created for us from Hervé Mons, a famous master cheese distributor in France. He also happens to supply Rouben’s Wine Room at Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort. So we know he's the real deal.
Rouben’s Wine Room takes wine seriously. Each week, the cheese and wine pairing is unique: our Chef surprises our Sommelier with a selection of the finest cheeses which have arrived fresh. The wine pairing is literally done live in front of guests. The wine cellar showcases a broad spectrum of wines from across the globe. But you don’t need to fly to Mauritius to experience a deluxe tasting.
Mr Mon assembled the following pairings. They are his current favorite recommendations for a uniquely romantic night. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
1) Fourmet d’Ambert with Dashwood Sauvignon Blanc 2015 from Marlborough, New Zealand
2) Gruyere IGP Savoie with Julien Schaal Chardonnay 2015 from Elgin, South Africa
3) Mont d’Or Fromagerie Badoz with Hamilton Russell Chardonnay 2016 from Walker Bay, South Africa
4) Munster with Dorrance Chenin Blanc 2014 from Swartland, South Africa
5) Saint Nectaire Laitier with Meysonniers M. Chapoutier 2013 from Crozes-Hermitage, France
6) Brie de Meaux with Muscadet La Sablette 2015 from Valley de la Loire, France
PS: Outrigger DISCOVERY members can redeem a Platinum-level experience for a Wine Pairing at Rouben’s Room. Click here to learn more about our loyalty membership.