Ahh, vacation. The sound of warm waves lapping on the shore. Tropical cocktails being shaken at the bar. And screams of delight from the resort waterslide.
We know first-hand that waterslides are a big draw for adults and children alike: the slides at Outrigger Guam Beach Resort and Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort are huge hits with guests. Not only does it provide hours of entertainment; it can also be a surprisingly great workout. Think: climbing stairs, over and over again. Flexing core muscles as you slide down. So skip the gym on your next vacation and head right down to the pool. Our Outrigger waterslide experts have offered a few tips to make the most of your next trip:
1. Tools. Take advantage of the pool mats and floaters that are provided. They help make the experience extra fun - and extra fast! You can also slide down with a partner on the mat.
2. Timing. Count 15 – 20 seconds after the person before you has gone down the water slide to ensure your exit is clear.
3. Speed. Feeling the need for speed? The more you lean back, the faster you’ll go down. And then hold your arms and legs together as you go around the bends for extra speed.
4. Breath. To avoid getting water up your nose when you enter the pool, hold your breath and bring your head back up as you hit the water.
5. Smile! As your friends and family to capture the moment with a waterproof camera. You’ll want to remember this moment forever.
See you at the pool!